Recent Arts stories
- Ken Burns interviewed about Vietnam War documentary series. Watch clips Directors Ken Burns and Lynn Novick talk about their PBS documentary series, The Vietnam War.
- One Day in the Life of Television: 25 years on Watch The One Day in the Life of Television programme, filmed by more than fifty crews on 1 November 1988.
- Greenberg – all of the music in the film The official soundtrack does not contain many of the tracks featured in the film…
- Samuel Beckett’s last poem Beckett's poem "What Is The Word" explores struggling with words and perhaps draws from his, and his friend's, illness.
- What is a Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out? Bruce Springsteen mystery solved! What is a Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out? Bruce Springsteen mystery solved!
- Walsall Hippo’s hidden history Sculptor John Wood tells the story of the famous piece of public art he created - Walsall's stone hippopotamus.
- The Men Who Made Us Spend: More information, links, quotes and notes from the BBC TV programme Additional notes and links about the issues raised in The Men Who Made Us Spend TV series.
- David Bowie’s last live performance on stage Watch David Bowie's final performance on stage here. The reports are wrong - it wasn't with Alicia Keys...
- Memories of Trish Keenan, Broadcast A meeting with the musician Trish Keenan of Broadcast at her home.
- Review: The Men Who Made Us Spend. Putting the con into consumerism? A review of The Men Who Made Us Spend BBC TV series about consumerism. Presented by Jacques Peretti.
Visit the Arts archive