Recent Arts stories
- What is a Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out? Bruce Springsteen mystery solved! What is a Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out? Bruce Springsteen mystery solved!
- Review: The Men Who Made Us Spend. Putting the con into consumerism? A review of The Men Who Made Us Spend BBC TV series about consumerism. Presented by Jacques Peretti.
- James Joyce in summary: escape is a key theme in his work Throughout his life the author James Joyce attempted to escape - from war, religion, narrative structure and language.
- Connections: Stewart Home, William Burroughs & Chappaqua, via Terry Taylor Stewart Home is blogging, linking William Burroughs and Chappaqua to Terry Taylor, Brion Gysin and more.
- Memories of Trish Keenan, Broadcast A meeting with the musician Trish Keenan of Broadcast at her home.
- When the USA supported Vietnamese revolutionaries Directors Ken Burns and Lynn Novick talk about their PBS documentary series, The Vietnam War.
- One Day in the Life of Television: 25 years on Watch The One Day in the Life of Television programme, filmed by more than fifty crews on 1 November 1988.
- Greenberg – all of the music in the film The official soundtrack does not contain many of the tracks featured in the film…
- Samuel Beckett’s last poem Beckett's poem "What Is The Word" explores struggling with words and perhaps draws from his, and his friend's, illness.
- Walsall Hippo’s hidden history Sculptor John Wood tells the story of the famous piece of public art he created - Walsall's stone hippopotamus.
Visit the Arts archive