Photographs that show President Barack Obama being un-serious. Joking around with staff in the White House, on the road, with a family in Ohio, and Robert DeNiro and Bruce Springsteen. He’s the super power leader with a super sense of humour!
President Barack Obama must be one of the most photographed people on the planet, but Pete Souza, Chief Official White House Photographer can catch him off-guard. Here’s our pick of some of Pete’s photos of Barack Obama.
1) President Barack Obama jokingly shows off the hat (above) he was given during his tour of the Pyramids and Sphinx in Egypt on June 4, 2009.
(Official White House photo by Pete Souza).
2) President Barack Obama jokingly reacts to news that staffer Nora Becker will be leaving to pursue a joint MD and PhD in healthcare economics, during the White House staff picnic on the South Lawn, June 26, 2009. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza).
3) This is Pete’s personal favorite from the White House photostream. President Barack Obama jokingly puts his toe on the scale as Trip Director Marvin Nicholson, unaware to the President’s action, weighs himself as the presidential entourage passed through the volleyball locker room at the University of Texas in Austin, Texas, Aug. 9, 2010. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza).
4) President Barack Obama helps spell out “Ohio” with the Weithman family, Rachel, 9, Josh, 11, and mom Rhonda, in their home in Columbus, Ohio, Aug. 18, 2010. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza).
5) President Barack Obama greets actor Robert DeNiro and rock musician Bruce Springsteen at a reception for the Kennedy Center Honors recipients in the Blue Room of the White House, Dec. 6, 2009. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza).
Page published: 27th October 2010